By Yasuhisa Omura
Advanced point consolidation of the expertise, physics and layout facets of silicon-on-insulator (SOI) lubistors
No accomplished description of the physics and attainable purposes of the Lubistor are available in one resource although the Lubistor is already getting used in SOI LSIs. The booklet offers, for the 1st time, a finished figuring out of the physics of the Lubistor. the writer argues transparent realizing of the elemental physics of the pn junction is key to permitting scientists and engineers to suggest new units. on the grounds that 2001 IBM has been utilizing the Lubistor to advertisement SOI LSIs (large scale built-in units) utilized in computers and online game machines. it's a key gadget in that it presents electrostatic defense to the LSIs. The ebook explains the machine modeling for such purposes, and covers the new analog circuit program of the voltage reference circuit.
The writer additionally experiences the physics and the modeling of excellent and non-ideal pn junctions via reconsideration of the Shockley’s thought, providing readers a chance to review the physics of pn junction. Pn-junction units are already utilized to the optical communique approach because the mild emitter and the receiver. however, optical sign modulators are proposed for coupling the Si optical waveguide with the pn-junction injector. The publication additionally explores the photonic crystal physics and gadget purposes of the Lubistor.
- Advanced point consolidation of the know-how, physics and layout facets of silicon-on-insulator (SOI) lubistors
- Written through the inventor of the Lubistor, this quantity describes the expertise for readers to appreciate the physics and functions of the device
- First booklet dedicated to the Lubistor transistor, shortly being used in electrostatic discharge (ESD) functions in SOI expertise, a turning out to be marketplace for semiconductor units and complicated technologies
- Approaches the subject in a scientific demeanour, from actual thought, via to modelling, and eventually circuit applications
This is a sophisticated point ebook requiring wisdom of electric and electronics engineering at graduate level.
Contents includes: proposal of excellent pn Junction/Proposal of Lateral, Unidirectional, Bipolar-Type Insulated-Gate Transistor (Lubistor)/ Noise features and Modeling of Lubistor/Negative Conductance houses in tremendous skinny SOI Lubistors/
Two-Dimensionally constrained Injection Phenomena at Low Temperatures in Sub-10-nm-Thick SOI Lubistors/ Experimental research of Two-Dimensional Confinement results on Reverse-Biased present features of Ultra-Thin SOI Lubistors/
Gate-Controlled Bipolar motion in Ultra-thin Dynamic Threshold SOI MOSFET/Sub-Circuit types of SOI Lubistors for Electrostatic Discharge safeguard Circuit layout and Their Applications/A New simple aspect for Neural common sense features and performance in Circuit Applications/Possible Implementation of SOI Lubistors into traditional common sense Circuits/Potentiality of Electro-Optic Modulator according to SOI Waveguide/Principles of Parameter Extraction/Feasibility of Lubistor-Based Avalanche photograph Transistor
Read or Download SOI Lubistors: Lateral, Unidirectional, Bipolar-type Insulated-gate Transistors PDF
Similar circuits books
Diagrams and describes the fundamental circuits utilized in alarms, switches, voltmeters, battery chargers, modulators, receivers, transmitters, oscillators, amplifiers, converters, pulse turbines, and box energy meters.
Millimeter-Wave built-in Circuits promises an in depth assessment of MMIC layout, particularly targeting designs for the millimeter-wave (mm-wave) frequency diversity. The scope of the publication is wide, spanning specific discussions of high-frequency fabrics and applied sciences, high-frequency units, and the layout of high-frequency circuits.
Five. 2. contrast among thick- and thin-film units . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 109 five. three. I-V features . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 112 five. three. 1. Threshold voltage .
- Modern VLSI Design: IP-Based Design
- Advanced Electronic Circuits
- An Introduction to Electrical Circuit Theory
- A Concise Guide to Chaotic Electronic Circuits
- Understanding Delta-Sigma Data Converters
- Reliability of Nanoscale Circuits and Systems: Methodologies and Circuit Architectures
Extra resources for SOI Lubistors: Lateral, Unidirectional, Bipolar-type Insulated-gate Transistors
14. J. (1990) The multistable charge-controlled memory effect in SOI MOS transistors at low temperatures. IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, 37, 1373–1382. 15. , and Fazan, P. (2002) A capacitor-less 1T-DRAM cell. IEEE Electron Device Letters, 23, 85–87. 16. , et al. (2005) Retention Characteristics of Zero-Capacitor RAM (Z-RAM) Cell Based on FinFET and Tri-Gate Devices, Proceedings of the IEEE International SOI Conference, pp. 203–204. ) have been developed. This chapter proposes the Lubistor, a lateral, unidirectional, bipolar-type insulated-gate transistor that exhibits triode-like current– voltage characteristics.
5VA. 71). 24 SOI Lubistors It is strongly suggested that the imref gradient enhances the recombination of the minority carriers in the depletion region; ideality factor (n) becomes larger than unity, even when the conventional recombination process is not assumed. The super-exponential behavior of the current density is also seen. This behavior is based on the same mechanism as that mentioned before. 5. 1. For the reverse-biased condition, the drift current component is not theoretically needed in calculations of the junction current because the recombination process is not dominant.
Recombine with the holes present. On the other hand, holes of the quasi-neutral region are injected into the region depleted by the gate-induced field, but it is anticipated that they recombine with electrons in the quasi-neutral region. It should be pointed out that most of the holes injected into the depletion region do not recombine with electrons inside the depletion layer of the p-type region because they are basically isolated around the bottom surface. 11(a). 1(a). 11(a) that imrefs of electrons and holes beneath the gate electrode are roughly flat due to the gate-induced field as long as the current level is not very high.