By Matt Neuburg
If you’re grounded within the fundamentals of fast, Xcode, and the Cocoa framework, this ebook offers a established rationalization of all crucial real-world iOS app elements. via deep exploration and copious code examples, you’ll easy methods to create perspectives, control view controllers, and upload beneficial properties from iOS frameworks.
Stay up to date on iOS nine strategies, resembling the hot structure constraint notation, extended UIKit dynamics, revised unwind segues, iPad multitasking, and the Contacts framework. All instance code is on the market on GitHub that you should obtain, examine, and run.
• Create, organize, draw, layer, and animate perspectives that reply to touch
• Use view controllers to control a number of interface screens
• grasp interface sessions for scroll perspectives, desk perspectives, textual content, popovers, break up perspectives, net perspectives, and controls
• Dive into frameworks for sound, video, maps, and sensors
• entry consumer libraries: track, pictures, contacts, and calendar
• comprehend additional themes, together with documents, networking, and threads
Read Online or Download Programming iOS 9: Dive Deep into Views, View Controllers, and Frameworks PDF
Best programming books
This publication offers the C# five. zero language in a uniquely succinct and visible structure. frequently in programming books, the knowledge should be hidden in an unlimited sea of phrases. As a programmer who has through the years used a dozen programming languages, the writer is familiar with it can sometimes be difficult to slog via one other 1,000-page publication of dense textual content to benefit a brand new language. There are likely many different programmers who consider a similar method. to handle this case, this book explains C# five. zero utilizing figures; brief, concentrated code samples; and transparent, concise causes.
Figures are of leading significance during this booklet. While teaching programming seminars, Daniel Solis found that he could virtually watch the sunshine bulbs happening over the students’ heads as he drew the figures at the whiteboard. during this textual content, he has distilled each one very important suggestion into basic yet actual illustrations. The visible presentation of the content material offers you an figuring out of C# that’s impossible with textual content by myself.
For whatever as elaborate and detailed as a programming language, besides the fact that, there has to be textual content in addition to figures. yet instead of lengthy, wordy factors, Solis has used brief, concise descriptions and bulleted lists to make each one vital piece of knowledge visually unique.
by way of the top of this e-book, you’ll have a radical operating wisdom of all elements of the C# language, even if you’re a beginner programmer or a professional veteran of different languages. if you would like an extended, leisurely, verbose clarification of the language, this isn't the booklet for you. but when you will have a concise, thorough, visible presentation of C# five. zero, this is often simply what you’re searching for.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * info of the C# five. zero language offered in a transparent, concise remedy
* New positive aspects within the newest model of . web, model four. five, within the author’s special visible kind
* How C# differs from and is the same to different programming languages, helping migrating C++ and VB programmers who already understand how languages paintings
<h3>Who this e-book is for</h3>
* visible simple programmers attracted to relocating to C#
* C++ programmers drawn to relocating to C#
* amateur programmers drawn to studying C#
* scholars in introductory programming sessions studying C#
<h3>Table of Contents</h3><ol> * C# and the . internet Framework
* evaluate of C# Programming
* varieties, garage, and Variables
* periods: the fundamentals
* extra approximately sessions
* periods and Inheritance
* Expressions and Operators
* Enumerators and Iterators
* advent to LINQ
* advent to Asynchronous Programming
* Namespaces and Assemblies
* Preprocessor Directives
* mirrored image and Attributes
* different issues
Avoid universal blunders while development allotted, asynchronous, high-performance software program with the Akka toolkit and runtime.
With this concise advisor, writer Jamie Allen offers a set of most sensible practices in line with a number of years of utilizing the actor version. The ebook additionally comprises examples of actor program varieties and fundamental styles of actor utilization, the additional trend and Cameo Pattern.
Allen, the Director of Consulting for Typesafe—creator of Akka and the Scala programming language—examines actors with a banking-service use case during the publication, utilizing examples proven in Akka and Scala. when you have any adventure with Akka, this consultant is essential.
• Delve into domain-driven and work-distribution actor applications;
• comprehend why it’s very important to have actors do just one job;
• steer clear of thread blockading by means of permitting good judgment to be delegated to a Future;
• version interactions as easily as attainable to prevent untimely optimization;
• Create well-defined interactions, and be aware of precisely what disasters can occur;
• research why you might want to by no means deal with actors as you are going to a regular class;
• maintain music of what is going on in construction via tracking everything;
• music Akka functions with the Typesafe Console.
Who This publication Is For
This booklet is for builders who've stepped forward past the introductory degree of writing Akka functions and want to comprehend top practices for improvement that would support them steer clear of universal missteps.
Many of the information are correct outdoors of Akka in addition, if it is utilizing one other actor library, Erlang, or simply undeniable asynchronous development.
This publication isn't for builders who're new to Akka and are trying to find introductory info.
Integrating associative processing strategies with vastly parallel SIMD know-how, this quantity explores a version for gaining access to info via content material instead of summary tackle mapping.
- GPU Gems: Programming Techniques, Tips and Tricks for Real-Time Graphics
- GPU Gems: Programming Techniques, Tips and Tricks for Real-Time Graphics
- Start Here! Learn the Kinect API
- A Flexible Efficient Computer System to Answer Human Questions: The DL*-Programming Language for Artificial Intelligence Applications
- Lectures on constructive functional programming
- Beginning iOS 5 Application Development
Additional resources for Programming iOS 9: Dive Deep into Views, View Controllers, and Frameworks
If your app can display views on an external screen, you’ll create an additional UIWindow to contain those views; but in this chapter I’ll behave as if there were just one screen, the device’s own screen, and just one window. The app’s window must initially fill the device’s screen. This is ensured by setting the window’s frame to the screen’s bounds as the window is instantiated. bounds) New in iOS 9, it’s sufficient to instantiate UIWindow with no frame; the screen’s bounds will be assigned to the window’s frame for you: let w = UIWindow() The window must also persist for the lifetime of the app.
Either all views instantiated from a nib use autolayout or they all use autoresizing. xib files) and then load and combine them at runtime. Constraints An autolayout constraint, or simply constraint, is an NSLayoutConstraint instance, and describes either the absolute width or height of a view or a relationship between an attribute of one view and an attribute of another view. In the latter case, the attributes don’t have to be the same attribute, and the two views don’t have to be siblings (subviews of the same superview) or parent and child (superview and subview) — the only requirement is that they share a common ancestor (a superview somewhere up the view hierarchy).
For example, the size classes on an iPhone reflect the orientation of the app — which can change as the app rotates in response to a change in the orientation of the device. traitCollection. It is also possible to create a trait collection yourself. ) Oddly, however, you can’t set any trait collection properties directly; instead, you form a trait collection through an initializer that determines just one property, and if you want to add further property settings, you have to combine trait collections by calling init(traitsFromCollections:).