By Randal Root, Caryn Mason
Company intelligence tasks wouldn't have to price multi-millions of bucks or take months or perhaps years to accomplish! utilizing swift software improvement (RAD) concepts in addition to Microsoft SQL Server 2012, this publication courses database directors, SQL programmers, and record experts in developing functional, reasonably priced enterprise intelligence suggestions for his or her businesses and departments.
Pro SQL Server 2012 BI recommendations presents sensible examples of within your budget enterprise intelligence initiatives. Readers may be guided via a number of whole tasks that construct a starting place for real-world recommendations. in spite of restricted event utilizing Microsoft's SQL Server, Integration Server, research Server, and Reporting Server, you could leverage your latest wisdom of SQL programming and database layout to supply clients with the company intelligence stories they wish.
* presents recipes for a number of enterprise intelligence scenarios
* Progresses from uncomplicated to complicated tasks utilizing a number of examples
* exhibits Microsoft SQL Server expertise used to accomplish real-world enterprise intelligence projects
What you’ll learn
* the way to plan and enforce reasonably priced enterprise intelligence projects
* tips on how to create sensible info warehouse databases
* easy methods to extract, rework, and cargo facts with Integration Services
* the right way to boost OLAP cubes and dimensions on research Server
* how one can create Reporting Server stories utilizing either SQL and MDX
* tips on how to practice performance-tuning options to get the main out of your solutions
Who this publication is for
Pro SQL Server 2012 BI recommendations is aimed toward database directors, SQL programmers, and document builders who create enterprise intelligence recommendations for midsized companies and departments.
Read or Download Pro SQL Server 2012 BI Solutions PDF
Similar sql books
Apache, MySQL, and PHP Weekend Crash Course
Wake up to hurry on Apache, MySQL, and personal home page – in a weekend!
The special occasion is Monday. The day you get to teach off what you recognize approximately Apache net server, MySQL database, and Hypertext Preprocessor scripting. the matter is, you're not likely on top of things. perhaps it's been it slow because you put in all 3 of those applied sciences. maybe you've by no means used Apache, MySQL, and Hypertext Preprocessor jointly. or even you simply like a problem. In any occasion, we've obtained an answer for you – Apache, MySQL, and Hypertext Preprocessor Weekend Crash direction. Open the ebook Friday night and on Sunday afternoon, after finishing 30 quick, targeted periods, you'll manage to dive correct in and start construction dynamic, data-driven websites on both Windows® or Linux® with all 3 built-in applied sciences.
night: four classes, 2 Hours <UL> * fitting Apache
* fitting Hypertext Preprocessor
* fitting MySQL
* Apache Basics
Morning: 6 classes, three Hours <UL> * Configuring Apache
* Apache defense matters
* the fundamentals of MySQL
* MySQL defense
* operating with information
Afternoon: 6 classes, three Hours <UL> * Troubleshooting MySQL instructions and Queries
* complex MySQL recommendations
* personal home page fundamentals
* application stream
* personal home page Functions
night: four classes, 2 Hours <UL> * operating with documents
* HTML Constructs
* operating with kinds
* Multiple-User concerns in PHP
Morning: 6 periods, three Hours <UL> * solid Coding Practices
* Debugging and Troubleshooting Hypertext Preprocessor
* MySQL via personal home page
* Debugging and Troubleshooting MySQL in personal home page
* Odds and Ends
* venture: Calendar I
Afternoon: four periods, 2 Hours <UL> * venture: Calendar II
* undertaking: content material Publishing I
* undertaking: content material Publishing II
* venture: construction an RSS Feed
Pro Spatial with SQL Server 2012
Microsoft SQL Server implements broad help for location-based facts. seasoned Spatial with SQL Server 2012 introduces SQL Server’s spatial function set, and covers every little thing you'll want to know to shop, manage, and research information regarding the actual place of gadgets in area.
Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Business Intelligence Development
Benefit from the true strength at the back of the BI elements of SQL Server 2014, Excel 2013, and SharePoint 2013 with this hands-on booklet. This publication provides you with a aggressive virtue by way of supporting you to quick find out how to layout and construct BI procedure with Microsoft BI tools.
This booklet starts off with designing an information warehouse with dimensional modeling, after which appears to be like at developing info types in response to SSAS multidimensional and Tabular applied sciences. it's going to illustrate tips on how to use SSIS for ETL, and MDS and DQS for information governance and information caliber. The publication is choked with real-world examples that would provide you with an exceptional figuring out of the BI and DW parts of SQL Server 2014, Excel 2013, and SharePoint 2013.
SQL Clearly Explained (3rd Edition)
SQL defined, 3rd variation, presents an in-depth creation to utilizing SQL (Structured question Language). Readers will study not just SQL syntax, but additionally how SQL works. figuring out the how in addition to the what is going to relief in developing SQL statements that execute as quick as possible.
The publication is equipped into 5 components. half I offers the theoretical fabric underlying relational databases and SQL. half II covers interactive SQL retrieval. half III discusses the production and administration of database constitution. It additionally covers non-data components within the database setting, akin to coping with users/user debts and transaction regulate. half IV introduces a number of suggestions for SQL programming: Embedded SQL (using a high-level host language), dynamic SQL, and triggers/stored strategies. half V discusses the non-relational extensions which were further to the SQL normal: XML and object-relational features. It covers object-oriented suggestions, together with the variations among natural object-oriented databases and object-relational databases. It additionally seems at SQL's object-relational features.
• Demonstrates the right way to formulate SQL queries and the way queries are processed to maximise functionality of the database administration system
• Explains use of SQL to go into, regulate or delete information to take care of database structural elements
• Covers in nice element new SQL program for XML to satisfy the growing to be XML utilization in improvement of on-line content material
- Brad's Sure Guide to SQL Server Maintenance Plans (DBA Handbooks)
- Joe Celko's Trees and Hierarchies in SQL for Smarties (2nd Edition)
- Seven Databases in Seven Weeks: A Guide to Modern Databases and the NoSQL Movement
- Sams Teach Yourself SQL in 24 Hours (5th Edition) (Sams Teach Yourself -- Hours)
- DB2 for the COBOL Programmer, Part 1
Extra resources for Pro SQL Server 2012 BI Solutions
The convention is now used for backward compatibility. Three versions later, isn’t it time for a more appropriate name for that stored procedure? 25 26 CHAPTER 2 ■ MAKING DATABASE BACKUPS Dropping a Backup Device Dropping a backup device is even simpler than creating one: Sp_dropdevice @logicalname='AWBackup' This command only removes the backup device definition—it doesn’t automatically delete the files contained therein. Use this command to remove all the files in addition to the device definition: Sp_dropdevice @logicalname='AWBackup', @devfile='DELFILE' The literal 'DELFILE' is required for completely dropping the device and all the files associated with it—not the most intuitive command.
Without a complete transaction history from a full or differential backup, point-in-time recovery cannot occur. SQL Server 2005 Books Online (BOL) has excellent recommendations for pre and post actions when switching between recovery modes. I’ll revisit changing recovery modes in Chapter 5 when I show you how to begin building a cohesive backup/restore strategy. CHAPTER 2 ■ MAKING DATABASE BACKUPS T-SQL Backup Most people consider using T-SQL commands to be the ideal way to initiate and manage database backups.
That unease helps keep you on your toes. However, it’s also the key to why a restore process can unravel. The restoration process is inherently filled with emotion and pressure from management, creating a need for teamwork and constant communication with business users. In this book, I’ll talk about all of these aspects, but first you need to understand the technical process, devoid of any external factors or pressures. In Chapter 5, I’ll discuss overall planning, and Chapter 13 will focus on the types of business and interpersonal pressures that can make this job so difficult.