By Bedprakas SyamRoy
This publication makes an intensive research of the inhabitants challenge matters in India from different angles- demographic, coverage and programme. Discussing the theoretical history of inhabitants keep an eye on, the ebook additionally bargains with all mundane matters - social, cultural, non secular, felony and health and wellbeing concerns, and makes an attempt to trap the nation of preparedness of India to succeed in sustainable population.
It is a beneficial source for college kids of inhabitants reports and lecturers engaged on inhabitants keep watch over and administration. also, it's also an invaluable reference paintings for trainees at nationwide academies, newshounds, family members welfare provider prone and the civil society teams engaged on inhabitants keep an eye on and kinfolk planning.
Read or Download India's Journey Towards Sustainable Population PDF
Similar nonfiction_14 books
Ocean Wave Mechanics: purposes in Marine constructions
This paintings investigates the energy-level alignment of hybrid inorganic/organic platforms (HIOS) comprising ZnO because the significant inorganic semiconductor. as well as supplying crucial insights, the thesis demonstrates HIOS energy-level alignment tuning inside an unparalleled strength variety. (Sub)monolayers of natural molecular donors and acceptors are brought as an interlayer to switch HIOS interface-energy degrees.
Individuals talk about the Alaska everlasting Fund (APF) and everlasting Fund Dividend (PFD) as a version either for source coverage and for social coverage. This e-book explores no matter if different states, international locations, or areas would get advantages from an Alaskan-style dividend. The e-book additionally seems to be at attainable ways in which the version can be altered and more advantageous.
- Plant Pattern Recognition Receptors: Methods and Protocols
- Holistic healthcare : possibilities and challenges
- Keratin-Based Biomaterials and Bioproducts
- Linguistic Meaning and Non-Truth-Conditionality
Additional info for India's Journey Towards Sustainable Population
27, the nutritional status of women for the states of India has been presented by means of two indicators—BMI and Anaemia. It would appear there from that the position of West Bengal, Odisha, Jharkhand, Chattisgarh and Bihar is very alarming in respect of both the counts and much above the national average. A good number of states posted better status like Andhra Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Delhi, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and all North Eastern and Southern States.
17. The data, in brief, show a less than hopeful trend- scenario in the food-grains sector. 17 Census year wise population, GDP and output of food grains Census Year Population (in millions) GDP (at constant prices in Rs. 2 requirement for food-grains. The situation is bound to be more critical in years to come with the annual addition of around 19 million population per year together with possible demand of food-grains basket of energy requirement of 2400 kcal per person per day for the rural sector and 2100 kcal for the urban sector, a norm earlier set by the Planning Commission but not in place, is taken into consideration.
However, basic food grains for life support and food security remains almost the same. The position of food grains productions etc for the country is captured here to have an idea how far and to what extent the country is in a position to withstand burgeoning population pressure on the food grains front. 9 Agriculture, Government of India 24 2 Issues Arising Out of Theories for Control of Population years. This is due to shifting of land use for non- agriculture purposes including industrialisation and urbanization and also due to adverse climatic factors.