By Nadia Nedjah
This ebook is anxious with learning the co-design method regularly, and the way to figure out the more desirable interface mechanism in a co-design method specifically. this can be according to the features of the applying and people of the objective structure of the process. instructions are supplied to help the designer's collection of the interface mechanism. a few new traits in co-design and method acceleration also are brought.
Read Online or Download Co-Design for System Acceleration: A Quantitative Approach PDF
Similar microprocessors & system design books
Ebook by way of Gerard Hartnett, Peter Barry
The FM 8501 microprocessor was once invented as a general microprocessor just a little just like a PDP-11. The critical thought of the FM 8501 attempt was once to work out if it was once attainable to specific the user-level specification and the layout implementation utilizing a proper good judgment, the Boyer-Moore common sense; this method accredited an entire robotically checked facts that the FM 8501 implementation absolutely applied its specification.
The construction blocks of trendy and destiny embedded structures are complicated highbrow estate parts, or cores, a lot of that are programmable processors. generally, those embedded processors as a rule were seasoned grammed in meeting languages as a result of potency purposes. this means time eating programming, broad debugging, and coffee code portability.
For real-time platforms, the worst-case execution time (WCET) is the most important target to be thought of. often, code for real-time platforms is generated with no taking this target under consideration and the WCET is computed in basic terms after code iteration. Worst-Case Execution Time acutely aware Compilation ideas for Real-Time platforms provides the 1st entire procedure integrating WCET concerns into the code new release strategy.
- Real-Time and Embedded Computing Systems and Applications 9th International Conference Tainan City Taiwan
- Model-Driven Design Using IEC 61499: A Synchronous Approach for Embedded and Automation Systems
- Using microprocessors and microcomputers: the 6800 family
- Raspberry Pi Lcd Projects
- Real-time digital signal processing from MATLAB to C with the TMS320C6x DSPs
- Embedded Systems Handbook, Second Edition: Embedded Systems Design and Verification
Additional info for Co-Design for System Acceleration: A Quantitative Approach
Then, the co-design methodology was outlined by describing each of the steps involved, together with recent work in this area. In the next chapter, we will discuss the co-design system developed at UMIST, along with experimental results obtained. 28 Notes 1 Application Specific Integrated Circuits. 2 SDF stands for Synchronous Data Flow. 3 CPLD stands for Complex PLDs. The Co-design Methodology Chapter 3 THE CO-DESIGN SYSTEM The purpose of hardware/software co-design is to engineer systems containing an optimum balance of hardware and software components, which work together to achieve a specified behavior and fulfill various design criteria, including meeting performance targets (Wolf, 1994).
6. Target architecture using a general-purpose processor and ASICs Computer designers can connect the gates of FPGAs into an arbitrary system merely by loading the chip’s internal RAM with configuration data. By combining FPGAs with external RAMs, microprocessors and digital signal processors, designers can create a Reconfigurable System (RS). Plugged into a standard PC, the reconfigurable system would perform functions normally performed by special-purpose cards. Such an arrangement has the following advantages: faster execution – since FPGAs operate at circuit speeds, they can compute much faster than pure software functions; however, their wiring and logic delays make them slower than equivalent mask-programmed gate array s or ASICs; low cost – an RS is much cheaper for each new application than an ASIC; configuring an RS for a new task requires that the PC user reprograms the connections of the logic gates in each FPGA; low power, small volume – one RS can take over the non-concurrent functions of several dedicated, special-purpose cards, reducing the size and power consumption of the PC system; increased innovation – because reconfiguring an RS is similar to loading a new software program, the costs of creating a new system will be much lower.
The high quality and variety of FPGA CAE/CAD tools enhance FPGA design productivity. The availability of these tools on PCs and with open frameworks lowers barriers to use and promotes user-friendly design (Coli, 1993). FPGAs took advantage of the concept of multiple AND/OR arrays and local connectivity, introduced by complex PLDs (Coli, 1993; Wolf, 2004). An FPGA die offers many small arrays, called logic cells, dispersed around the chip. These logic cells are connected like a gate array using programmable interconnections.