Archive For The “Programming” Category
By Peter Van Roy, Seif Haridi
This leading edge textual content provides laptop programming as a unified self-discipline in a fashion that's either sensible and scientifically sound. The booklet specializes in strategies of lasting price and explains them accurately when it comes to an easy summary laptop. The e-book offers all significant programming paradigms in a uniform framework that exhibits their deep relationships and the way and the place to take advantage of them jointly. After an advent to programming techniques, the booklet offers either famous and lesser-known computation types ("programming paradigms"). each one version has its personal set of recommendations and every is integrated at the foundation of its usefulness in perform. the overall versions contain declarative programming, declarative concurrency, message-passing concurrency, particular nation, object-oriented programming, shared-state concurrency, and relational programming. really good versions contain graphical person interface programming, disbursed programming, and constraint programming. each one version is predicated on its kernel language--a basic center language that involves a small variety of programmer- major components. The kernel languages are brought gradually, including techniques one after the other, therefore displaying the deep relationships among diversified versions. The kernel languages are outlined accurately when it comes to an easy summary computing device. simply because a large choice of languages and programming paradigms should be modeled by means of a small set of heavily comparable kernel languages, this strategy permits programmer and scholar to understand the underlying team spirit of programming. The e-book has many application fragments and workouts, all of which might be run at the Mozart Programming method, an Open resource software program package deal that includes an interactive incremental improvement surroundings.
By Maurice Herlihy, Nir Shavit
Revised and up-to-date with advancements conceived in parallel programming classes, The paintings of Multiprocessor Programming is an authoritative advisor to multicore programming. It introduces a better point set of software program improvement talents than that wanted for effective single-core programming. This booklet presents finished assurance of the recent rules, algorithms, and instruments useful for powerful multiprocessor programming. scholars and execs alike will make the most of thorough assurance of key multiprocessor programming matters.
* This revised variation comprises much-demanded updates during the e-book, in keeping with suggestions and corrections mentioned from school rooms when you consider that 2008
* examine the basics of programming a number of threads gaining access to shared reminiscence
* discover mainstream concurrent info constructions and the foremost components in their layout, in addition to synchronization strategies from uncomplicated locks to transactional reminiscence platforms
* stopover at the spouse web site and obtain resource code, instance Java courses, and fabrics to aid and increase the training adventure
By Steven Holzner
Thoroughly explains the an important visible easy instrument set intimately. Covers the simplest visible simple programming practices, from layout instruments to flowcharts. includes 1,000 pages of every little thing visible uncomplicated 6, from radio buttons and checkboxes to XOR drawings, OLE automation, DHTML web page layout, and web Explorer four help.
By Eric Clayberg, Dan Rubel
Generating a commercial-quality plug-in capacity going above and past the minimum necessities had to combine with Eclipse. It potential getting to all these info that give a contribution to the “fit and polish” of a advertisement delivering. This finished consultant covers the total technique of plug-in improvement, together with all of the additional steps had to in achieving the best quality results.
Building on the world over best-selling prior variants, Eclipse Plug-ins, 3rd Edition, has been totally revised to mirror the robust new functions of Eclipse 3.4. major Eclipse specialists Eric Clayberg and Dan Rubel current specified, functional assurance of each point of plug-in improvement, in addition to particular, confirmed recommendations for the demanding situations builders are probably to come across.
All code examples, proper API listings, diagrams, and display captures were completely up to date to mirror either the Eclipse 3.4 API and the most recent Java syntax. moreover, Clayberg and Rubel have thoroughly made over their well known Favorites View case examine, remodeling a lot of its content material and recreating its code from scratch. The authors conscientiously hide new performance additional to current Eclipse good points, akin to perspectives and editors, and completely clarify brand-new beneficial properties resembling instructions, GEF, and PDE Build.
This greatly revised variation
* completely covers Eclipse’s new preferences
* Illuminates the robust new Eclipse Command Framework, which replaces Eclipse’s older motion Framework
* provides vast new discussions of utilizing instructions with perspectives and editors
* Introduces Mylyn, the recent task-focused interface that reduces details overload and simplifies multi-tasking
* comprises an all-new bankruptcy on utilizing the Graphical modifying Framework (GEF) to construct dynamic, interactive graphical person interface elements
* Walks you step-by-step during the complete PDE construct process
* indicates the best way to create replace websites with p2, which replaces Eclipse’s outdated replace supervisor
This ebook is designed for each skilled developer attracted to extending the Eclipse platform, the Rational software program improvement Platform, or the other platform that helps Eclipse plug-ins.
By Marek Rogoziński, Rafał Kuć
This e-book starts off via introducing the main prevalent Elasticsearch server functionalities, from growing your personal index constitution, via querying, faceting, and aggregations, and ends with cluster tracking and challenge analysis. As you move in the course of the ebook, you are going to disguise issues akin to beginning Elasticsearch, making a new index, and designing its right constitution. After that, you'll examine the question API that Elasticsearch exposes, in addition to approximately filtering functions, aggregations, and faceting. final yet now not least, you'll get to grasp how to define comparable files through the use of related functionalities and the way to enforce software indicators by utilizing the possible seek performance referred to as percolator. a few complicated subject matters akin to shard allocation regulate, gateway configuration, and the way to exploit the invention module can be mentioned. This booklet also will express you the probabilities of cluster country and overall healthiness tracking in addition to find out how to use third-party instruments.
By Jeff McAffer, Jean-Michel Lemieux, Chris Aniszczyk
The Definitive consultant to Eclipse wealthy purchaser Development
<p style="margin: 0px;">In Eclipse wealthy customer Platform, moment Edition, 3 Eclipse wealthy buyer Platform (RCP) undertaking leaders exhibit how one can use Eclipse 3.5 (“Galileo”) to quickly carry cross-platform purposes with wealthy, native-feel GUIs.
<p style="margin: 0px;">
<p style="margin: 0px;">The authors totally exhibit the ability of Eclipse as a machine program improvement platform; introduce vital new advancements in Eclipse 3.5; and stroll via constructing a full-featured, branded RCP program for home windows, Linux, Mac, and different platforms—including hand held units and kiosks.
<p style="margin: 0px;">
<p style="margin: 0px;">Drawing on their huge adventure, the authors conceal development, refining, and refactoring prototypes; customizing consumer interfaces; including aid and software program administration good points; and construction, branding, trying out, and transport comprehensive software program. They display present top practices for constructing modular and dynamically extensible platforms, utilizing third-party code libraries, packaging functions for varied environments, and lots more and plenty extra.
<p style="margin: 0px;">
<p style="margin: 0px;">For Java programmers in any respect degrees of expertise, this book
* Introduces vital new RCP positive factors akin to p2, instructions, and Databinding
* completely covers key RCP-related applied sciences equivalent to Equinox, SWT, JFace, and OSGi
* indicates how you can successfully model and customise RCP software look-and-feel
* Walks via consumer interface trying out for RCP purposes with SWTBot
* Illuminates key similarities and adjustments among RCP and traditional plug-in development
<div style="border-style: none none good; border-color: -moz-use-text-color -moz-use-text-color rgb(50, forty five, 113); border-width: medium medium 0.5pt; padding: 0in 0in 29pt;"> <p style="margin: 0px;">
<p basicparagraph="" style="margin: 0px;">Hands-on, pragmatic, and complete, this ebook bargains the entire real-world, nontrivial code examples operating builders need—as good as “deep dives” into key technical parts which are necessary to your success.
<p style="margin: 0px;">
By John M. May, Judy Whittle
This article explains the real thoughts of the C++ programming language, and gives programming examples designed to paintings with the most recent Symantec C++ compiler. resource code for whole courses are available at the accompanying disk. The booklet additionally good points assurance of object-oriented programming suggestions, Macintosh C++ programming variety, debugging and the imagine classification library
By Fred Hebert
Erlang is the language of selection for programmers who are looking to write strong, concurrent functions, yet its unusual syntax and sensible layout can intimidate the uninitiated. fortunately, there's a brand new weapon within the conflict opposed to Erlang-phobia: examine You a few Erlang for excellent Good!
Erlang maestro Fred Hebert starts off sluggish and eases you into the fundamentals: You'll know about Erlang's unorthodox syntax, its information buildings, its kind procedure (or lack thereof!), and easy sensible programming options. as soon as you've wrapped your head round the easy stuff, you'll take on the genuine meat-and-potatoes of the language: concurrency, dispensed computing, scorching code loading, and the entire different darkish magic that makes Erlang one of these scorching subject between today's savvy developers.
As you dive into Erlang's useful delusion global, you'll examine about:
- checking out your purposes with EUnit and customary Test
- construction and freeing your functions with the OTP framework
- Passing messages, elevating blunders, and starting/stopping methods over many nodes
- Storing and retrieving information utilizing Mnesia and ETS
- community programming with TCP, UDP, and the inet module
- the easy joys and capability pitfalls of writing allotted, concurrent applications
Packed with lighthearted illustrations and simply the correct mix of offbeat and useful instance courses, research You a few Erlang for nice sturdy! is the precise access element into the sometimes-crazy, always-thrilling international of Erlang.
By Maik Schmidt
Ardui is an open-source platform that makes DIY electronics initiatives more straightforward than ever. long past are the times in case you needed to study electronics idea and arcane programming languages sooner than you'll even get an ended in blink. Now, with this new version of the bestselling Ardui: A Quick-Start consultant, readers with electronics event can create their first devices fast. This ebook is updated for the recent Ardui 0 board, with step by step directions for development a common distant, a motion-sensing video game controller, and plenty of different enjoyable, priceless initiatives.
By Hossam Ghareeb
Develop hugely effective and beautiful iOS purposes by utilizing the rapid language
About This Book
• strengthen a chain of purposes with quick utilizing the improvement kits and new/updated APIs
• Use the hot positive aspects of iOS eight so as to add new taste on your applications
• A hands-on advisor with special code snippets to help you in constructing strong quick applications
Who This e-book Is For
If you're an iOS developer with adventure in Objective-C, and want to enhance purposes with fast, then this e-book is perfect for you. Familiarity with the basics of quick is an further virtue yet no longer a necessity.
What you are going to Learn
• Use playgrounds in Xcode to make the writing of quick code efficient and easy
• Get accustomed to the complex gains of rapid and make whole use of them on your code
• upload a brand new technique for authentication on your app utilizing contact ID
• increase health-related apps utilizing HealthKit
• Take your apps to the subsequent point of functionality and potential utilizing Met
• improve functions for wearables utilizing WatchKit
• Use Notification middle to simply entry all of your notifications
• Make your clients units extra trendy through the use of Apple's integrated speedy sort keyboard, rather than the local one
After years of utilizing Objective-C for constructing apps for iOS/Mac OS, Apple now deals a brand new, artistic, effortless, and leading edge programming language for software improvement, referred to as speedy. quick makes iOS software improvement a breeze by way of supplying pace, protection and tool on your software improvement approach. fast is simple to profit and has outstanding gains akin to being open resource, debugging,interactive playgrounds, errors dealing with version, etc. speedy has simplified its reminiscence administration with automated Reference Counting (ARC) and it truly is appropriate with Objective-C.
This e-book has been created to supply you with the knowledge and talents you should use the recent programming language speedy. The ebook begins with an creation to quick and code constitution. Following this, you are going to use playgrounds to familiarize yourself with the language very quickly. Then the ebook takes you thru the complicated positive factors provided by way of speedy and the way to take advantage of them together with your previous Objective-C code or tasks. you'll then discover ways to use rapid in genuine initiatives by means of masking APIs akin to HealthKit, steel, WatchKit, and contact identification in each one bankruptcy. The book's effortless to keep on with constitution guarantees you get the easiest begin to constructing functions with Swift.
Style and approach
The publication achieves its finish aim via dividing its content material into components. half 1 will take the readers, who're new to rapid, via its structure and fundamentals. half 2 of the ebook will disguise content material on software improvement with Swift.